If you’re going to keep eating sugar, there are some health risks you should know about. Sure, sweet stuff sometimes is fine, but there’s a lot of research that indicates that sugar is not good for our health. Here are some things to consider about sugar.
1. Sugar isn’t food
It offers your body calories but has a low nutritional value and your body doesn’t need it in order to survive.
2. Sugar is loaded with calories
Those calories often times will be stored on your body as fat.
3. Sugar increases anxiety
There is a real connection between the amount of sugar in your body and anxiety and depression.
4. Sugar causes diabetes
Among other ailments like heart and kidney disease. Excess sugar hinders the ability of the pancreas.
5. Sugar slowly wears down your teeth
Sugar can wear down your enamel and cause cavities.
6. Sugar hinders the immune system
This is especially bad during winter cold and flu season.
7. Sugar creates wrinkles
Or at least high amounts of sugar. Sugar destroys collagen.
8. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships that take place in your body.
9. Sugar causes imbalances with your body’s enzymes.
10. Sugar can weaken your tendons.
11. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalances
For example, increased estrogen in men. Sugar also aggravates PMS in women.
12. Sugar increases your blood pressure.
13. Too much sugar damages the pancreas over time.
This article was originally sourced from here.